Stages of Mold Infestation and When to Contact Mold Removal Experts?
Mold can be a serious threat whether to a business or home. Mold grows on the other hand due to moisture trapped in ceilings, floors and walls. For this, properties located in rainy climates as well as humid environments are susceptible in dealing with this problem in the future. As molds spread throughout the walls, it is releasing spores. When such thing happens, pets and people living in the house can breathe in these spores putting them in high risk of being sick.
The sicknesses caused by molds are hard to identify primarily because of the reason that it is very similar to common illnesses.
Early stages – in the start, illness may look similar to influenza, allergies or cold. In smaller doses, mold spores may irritate the nose, throat, eyes and lungs. Whether you believe it or not, runny or itchy eyes, runny nose, clogged sinuses and even coughing are the common symptoms. If you’ll take a closer look, all these said symptoms are general and non specific.
Next stages – say for example that you didn’t take any actions in dealing with this problem, then extended exposure to such can result to more serious symptoms. Such can be dizziness or headaches or experience hair or weight loss. Typically, this is as a result of coughing up blood, fatigue, vomiting and diarrhea which makes it hard for the body to absorb nutrients. You may even experience skin rashes, sexual dysfunction, sores and memory loss. This is basically when you should do mold removal that can wonderfully done by professionals.
Later stages – after some time and you disregard hiring mold removal, you will start noticing the serious effects of mold. Some might be incurable because prolonged exposure could result to bleeding lungs, blindness, brain damage, cognitive impairments, cancer and even long term memory loss.
Solutions – mold removal procedure is known otherwise as remediation. This is referred to as such due to the reason that spores are everywhere in the house and a big portion of them are benign or low enough to be considered harmless. So don’t expect too much that it can be removed permanently from your property. What the remediation does is shrinking the volume of spores to a safe level.
Professionals are going to visit your house and do inspection to find out the severity of infestation. After that, they are going to physically remove the mold and isolate rooms that are affected in order to avoid spores from spreading. Chemical agents are used as well to be able to kill molds while materials that are porous in nature can’t be salvaged.